You’re having a baby! St. Raymond de Penafort offers our congratulations to you! We know this is a busy time in your life, but we are thrilled that you are planning to have your child receive the sacrament of Baptism. The Baptism Ministry is here to welcome you and your child into our Faith Community. Through our Baptism Ministry, you are welcomed to meet with other new parents as well as a host couple with the goal of achieving the following:
· Provide an experience of welcome, hospitality and support
· Help parents/godparents become aware of the significance of
· Baptism being a formal initiation into the church community
· Help parents/godparents understand the stages and symbols of the rite of baptism
· Help parents develop or deepen good faith practices so they can better lead their child in the Catholic faith.
· Explain how the sacrament is celebrated here at St. Raymond and guide parents in planning the celebration
· To welcome and invite the parents and godparents into a deeper involvement in the life of the St. Raymond parish community.
Our desire is to make your child’s entrance into our Faith Community a rich and rewarding experience. This Baptism Ministry meeting lasts just one hour, but it is a wonderful way to spend time contemplating the sacrament as well as meeting other families.
Baptisms are scheduled the 1st and 4th Sunday at 1:00 p.m. and the 2nd Saturday at 12:00 p.m., except during the season of Lent. Parents and godparents are encouraged to prepare themselves for this Sacrament through a preparations session at least two months in advance of the celebration. Please call the Worship Office at 847-253-8600 ext #145 at the Parish Ministry Center for more information.