· Provide an experience of welcome, hospitality and support
· Help parents/godparents become aware of the significance of
· Baptism being a formal initiation into the church community
· Help parents/godparents understand the stages and symbols of the rite of baptism
· Help parents develop or deepen good faith practices so they can better lead their child in the Catholic faith.
· Explain how the sacrament is celebrated here at St. Raymond and guide parents in planning the celebration
· To welcome and invite the parents and godparents into a deeper involvement in the life of the St. Raymond parishcommunity.
Our desire is to make your child’s entrance into our Faith Community a rich and rewarding experience. This Baptism Ministry meeting lasts just one hour, but it is a wonderful way to spend time contemplating the sacrament as well as meeting other families.
Baptisms are scheduled the 1st and 4th Sunday at 1:00 p.m. and the 2nd Saturday at 12:00 p.m., except during the season of Lent. Parents and godparents are encouraged to prepare themselves for this Sacrament through a preparations session at least two months in advance of the celebration. Please call the Worship Office at 847-253-8600 ext #145 at the Parish Ministry Center for more information.